[SOLVED] PC Won't boot. After windows update.

regular_jo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Hi, I recently updated Windows 10 and now my PC won't boot. I don't know if the reset after the update shorted something or what, but I'm not getting any response from my system after pressing the power button. The case fans spin up, GPU leds light up, cpu fan spin. Just a black screen. No BIOS I've tried different displays. My components are:
CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: ASUS Strix RX5700XT
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte B350M DS3H
PSU: CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

I have tested and replaced every component and I have no clue what could be happening.
CPU was replaced and tested w/ Ryzen 2200g = Didn't fix it.
RAM was replaced with Geil Super Luce 2400mhz ram
MOBO was replaced with Gigabyte B450M
PSU changed EVGA 600w Bronze
SSD HP 128gb
Tried all of these every combonation possible and nothing.

Tried to go GPU less w/ the 2200g and use the on chip gpu and still nothing.
I have no idea what is wrong and feel like I've tried everything. At this point, I can't even sell these items for parts because I don't even know which one is faulty and would hate to sell someone a broken item. I really just want my gaming PC back. LOL If anyone has any tips, It would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do.

Also, this is not a new build. It's been running fine since the Strix RX 5700XT has been released. No overclocking, I mostly just play Destiny 2 on it. So not extremely taxing game play either.

Solution
Check to make sure your CPU fan is plugged into the correct port. Many MB won't let the PC boot unless it detects a fan plugged into the correct power port.

regular_jo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
The update process went through, It got to the restarting portion and when the display shutoff, everything shutoff and I pressed the power button to power up again and now it won't do anything.

regular_jo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Did you testing by replacing only one at a time - i.e. for each next component swap, did you swapped the last component back first?

Assuming you removed the RX5700XT first?
Yeah, I swapped them all appropriately.

and yep, removed the 5700XT first.

I'm completely lost on what the problem could be.