Question PC won't boot and flashes RGB (not debug lights) on motherboard for a split second

LilGreenBean

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
After installing new PSU and motherboard my system booted fine yesterday and didn't have any problems. But as soon as I try to turn it on today, the motherboard rgb light flashes for a fraction of a second and then turns off. Nothing else turns on, no fans spin, and I get no boot. Would this be because I used screws that came with my last motherboard? I also want to mention that when it was working fine yesterday, the ram had only lit up at first before it finally worked. Would this most likely be a grounding issue with a screw missing on the motherboard, dead RAM, motherboard general issue, or power supply? I have my two sticks of RAM in the far left, and second to last going RAM, no RAM, RAM, no RAM.

SPECS:
Motherboard: Aorus X570 Elite WiFi
PSU: XPG Core Reactor 650w Gold 80+
RAM: 16 gb Corsair Vengeance rgb 3200 mhz
GPU: MSI 1660 super
Case: Phanteks p350x
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Elite Capellix
Storage: 1 Tb and 2 TB HDD

mwadlin

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
Screws that came with the last motherboard? Hard to imagine that making a difference. Maybe you mean the stand-offs under the motherboard? If you didn't make sure they were all in the right position for the new motherboard you may be getting an intermittent short that would account for the odd behavior. If that is not the problem, try a minimalist setup: one stick of ram (move it around from slot to slot), Did you make any BIOS changes during this process?

good luck.