PC won't boot - Broken PSU?

AndyVGT

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Hi,

I've had an issue with my PC a few weeks ago. I left it in sleep mode, but when I came back to switch it on I only heard the fans working but the screen wouldn't switch on.
After doing a bit of research online I assumed the motherboard may be broken and bought a new one.

Now with the new motherboard I have encountered the same problem. Especially switching the PC off without witching the power at the back off will result in starting the PC with the fans working only. I can get it to start when I unplug the power cable and press the power button on the front for 30 seconds and wait another 30 - 60 minutes before attempting to boot.

I currently have a Corsair CX600W and a GTX980, and I don't know if this is enough power or whether the PSU is simply about to die.

Can anyone let me know if this could be due to my PSU being broken or any other component failure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If it was in sleep mode, pressing the left mouse button should wake it up. And there are power options under control panel.

Which will turn the monitor off after so long and the hdd off after so long. The option to sleep after so long is also here

AndyVGT

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
I know that pressing any button would have turned the computer on again. But nothing worked and the fans were running at high speed without any signal sent to the screen.

AndyVGT

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Yes, I've pressed the mouse button as well as the keyboard. The main issue now is that when I switch the PC off without using the switch at the back I have the same issue where it won't start without unplugging the power cable, draining the remaining power and waiting for an hour.