Question PC wont boot correctly

BrianH2017

Prominent
May 2, 2017
so... ive ran into a new issue. among trying to find out why my new NVMe drive thats rated for 3400MBS Read and 3000mbs Write is having slow Write speeds (only 1200mbs), between moving the drive from 1 pci slot to the other for testing speeds and troubleshooting, now my pc will NOT boot up if i have both monitors plugged into the pc.

So whats happening is if i have everything plugged in, my Asus CPU and Dram led lights on the mother board light up and stops with Dram led lite. once inawhile the 2 lights will bounce back and forth slowly. monitors wont turn on, lights are orange. But as soon as i disconnect the HDMI corded monitor and just have the VGA monitor still in, the pc will boot up and i get this message telling me because a UEFI setting was changed and the pc was turned off holding the power button. (only did that cause the pc wouldnt boot up so i was trying to turn it off). then im only able to get into my BIO's and doing so im having to tell me pc to boot from my NVMe Drive, hit F10 and it restarts and boots up just fine and then i can plug my 2nd monitor back in after the pc is running and pc runs just fine. what happened? i didnt change anything.

BrianH2017

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Case.
PSU: Corsair TX 850
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270E gaming motherboard.
CPU: I7 6700k 4.0ghz, OC to 4.5ghz.
GPU: Asus Strix 1070 8Gig OC to 1867mhz gpu boost clock and 8606mhz memory clock.
RAM: G_Skill Trident Z 3000mhz RGB 32gigs 4X8gig ram.
M.2: Sabrent SB-ROCKET-512 512GB Rocket Nvme PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Fast boot is alrdy turned off. i just tryed to reboot my pc without the other monitor plugged in and same thing, pc went black and the 2 lights bouncing between eachother. so i guess it's not the monitor doing it. i had to push and hold the power button, then turned pc back on to the error screen and force the boot

BrianH2017

Prominent
May 2, 2017
sob... well i did what you suggested and all sticks were fine.... BUT i also tested all the Dimm slots and with Dimm_B2 the pc wouldnt boot up. man... i didnt wanna have to buy another Mobo... no way to do something with the BIO's to fix it? why would it fail all the sudden? i havent messed with the ram in almost a year.

Have tried using a1 - b-1? You can try and clean b2 that's about all I can suggest. Anything that runs electricity through it is prone to failure. On heat, off cool down, repeat that 1000 times and it can give up. Just luck of the draw. That's why they only have 3-5 year warranties,

BrianH2017

Prominent
May 2, 2017
well idk what happened... i did what you suggested and took a can of air and a micro towel and blow and wripped out the Dimm slot and put the stick back in and now my pc boots up everytime... i guess it was dirty idk lol? but its working now and its no longer throttling in memory stress tests so. ima go with it, as long as i dont need to RMA it and be out of a pc for a month or have to buy another 400 dollar one... my board is 400 bucks and really hard to find. and newer dated boards only support 8th and 9th gen cpu's....

well idk what happened... i did what you suggested and took a can of air and a micro towel and blow and wripped out the Dimm slot and put the stick back in and now my pc boots up everytime... i guess it was dirty idk lol? but its working now and its no longer throttling in memory stress tests so. ima go with it, as long as i dont need to RMA it and be out of a pc for a month or have to buy another 400 dollar one... my board is 400 bucks and really hard to find. and newer dated boards only support 8th and 9th gen cpu's....
Hey sometimes I know what I'm talkin about.;)

Reactions: BrianH2017