Question PC Won't boot. EZ Led Lights Up Only on CPU

raphael512

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
I have an MSI A320 PRO-VH with a Ryzen 5 2600 and it just won't boot. It, being an MSI Board, has an EZ Led feature. I don't know if it's normal but the CPU led lights up normally and turns off but the others don't. I saw in other yt videos that the VGA and boot should light up after the CPU but it just won't. I'm getting no display or whatever and I'm pretty sure I have my cables firmly attached.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would suggest that the BIOS revision is probably not correct. That conclusion is based on a lot of guessing.

Was this new or used? Had this pairing previously been together? Are you certain none of the pins for the CPU are bent or missing?

If it was new and there is no damage on install, it would likely be a good idea to check on the manufacturer website to see if the 2xxx CPU will work natively in a chipset designed for 1xxx. In addition to that aspect, early BIOS revisions on 3xx chipsets had terrible RAM compatibility and were often limited to 2133 or 24xx on the early revisions. Best to check QVL for that, but many of those model numbers would be long out of production and obsolete outside the used market (and luck).

raphael512

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
I would suggest that the BIOS revision is probably not correct. That conclusion is based on a lot of guessing.

Was this new or used? Had this pairing previously been together? Are you certain none of the pins for the CPU are bent or missing?

If it was new and there is no damage on install, it would likely be a good idea to check on the manufacturer website to see if the 2xxx CPU will work natively in a chipset designed for 1xxx. In addition to that aspect, early BIOS revisions on 3xx chipsets had terrible RAM compatibility and were often limited to 2133 or 24xx on the early revisions. Best to check QVL for that, but many of those model numbers would be long out of production and obsolete outside the used market (and luck).

I just checked the pins of the CPU and yeah, there's no bent pins or whatever. The CPU was from a colleague and he said that he was still using it before he gave it to me. I'll try and reseat the CPU and see if it changes anything