Question PC Won't Boot, Has Power

Jun 11, 2022
Hi there,

I recently put together a new system and it worked perfectly fine after I finished the build. When I went to turn it on the next morning the computer didn't boot. After doing some troubleshooting I re-flashed the BIOS and I managed to get it working and got it to boot successfully. Despite all of that after waking up this morning it didn't boot again. I flashed a newer BIOS version, the system booted up (I believe the BIOS flash worked), but didn't stay on. I really have no idea what is happening, since the PC is getting ample power. My microphone lights up (telling me that the PC is receiving power) and it boots up only when I use the BIOS flash feature. I tried starting it with the front panel pins and a screwdriver, but that didn't work either. The graphics output, and the AIO runs whenever I flash the BIOS. And the computer worked perfectly fine when I did manage to get it to boot. Any insight would be very helpful, I'll list the specs below.

Ryzen 5800x
NZXT X53 240MM AIO
RTX 3070
B550M AORUS Pro-P
32GB Trident Gskill Memory 3600
850w EVGA PSU
1TB Sabrent SSD, 4TB Seagate HDD

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Would really start with breadboarding, take the motherboard out of the case, only use cpu+gpu+1 stick of ram in second slot from the cpu out, see if you can get into the bios. For surface to put it on use the motherboard box, but at least something non conductive.

Jun 11, 2022
Would really start with breadboarding, take the motherboard out of the case, only use cpu+gpu+1 stick of ram in second slot from the cpu out, see if you can get into the bios. For surface to put it on use the motherboard box, but at least something non conductive.

I got it down to more of a precise issue. Whenever I got the PC to randomly boot it wouldn't shut down properly, so I'd have to disconnect the PSU in order to turn it off. After doing that the PC won't boot. I tested both RAM sticks and managed to get the PC to boot with one of them in the third DIMM slot.