Question PC won't boot into BIOS

Jun 19, 2022
PC won't boot into bios. Everything was working 30 minutes ago, I just turned off the computer, went to buy groceries, returned back and now ths computer won't turn on.
Please help to identify the problem.
What it looks like:
-CPU fans are spinning
-Videocard fan(s) are spinning
-No boot into bios

So far what has been tried:

-Disconnected everything except the cpu, cooler and ram.

-Tried another PSU

-Tried booting with 1 ram stick out of 2, tried different slots

-Tried detaching the MOBO from the case, in case is there was a short circuiting. Didn't help.

I think it's either RAM(two of them failed at once? wut?), mobo or CPU.

Don't ask bs questions like "what is your rig" - fully pointless.

I have an LGA1151 processor, so in case if it is MOBO - there is 0(zero, null, zilch) sold in Australia so I don't know what to do. I am not going to buy a new processor AND a motherboard.

PC won't boot into bios. Everything was working 30 minutes ago, I just turned off the computer, went to buy groceries, returned back and now ths computer won't turn on.
Please help to identify the problem.
What it looks like:
-CPU fans are spinning
-Videocard fan(s) are spinning
-No boot into bios

So far what has been tried:

-Disconnected everything except the cpu, cooler and ram.

-Tried another PSU

-Tried booting with 1 ram stick out of 2, tried different slots

-Tried detaching the MOBO from the case, in case is there was a short circuiting. Didn't help.

I think it's either RAM(two of them failed at once? wut?), mobo or CPU.

I have an LGA1151 processor, so in case if it is MOBO - there is 0(zero, null, zilch) sold in Australia so I don't know what to do. I am not going to buy a new processor AND a motherboard.
Not pointless because you didn't say which CPU. If it has IGPU connect display to MB and take out GPU.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Providing the complete system specs (including make/model of all installed components) will allow others to more fully troubleshoot your problem.

Also, is your system connected to a UPS, surge, suppressor, both, neither? Is it possible that you suffered a power outage or brownout while away?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Disconnected everything except the cpu, cooler and ram.
What Did happen when you applied power?
No, not pointless. That board is old enough not to have diagnostic leds. But some of those old boards did have a Dr. Mos readout, which if stuck on a specific alpha-numeric would be a clue. Some did have power-ok light etc. Without knowing the exact mobo, can't really tell you what exactly to look for when things are or are not happening, didn't say which stick or multiple sticks, whether it's a 2 ram or 4 ram slot board etc.

The more specific the information, the more ppl can help. If you called a mechanic and said car won't start, guaranteed he'll want make/model of car, just to know whether he's dealing with a carburetor or fuel injection, mechanical or electric fuel pump, whether the key does anything, motor turns over or not, idiot lights or guage etc.

All fans spin at power on. Ok, that's a result, not a symptom. Means psu isn't the issue, mobo obviously gets power. When that happened, did the monitor activate and stay on, or did it come on then shut off or never come on?

Lga1151, Haswell class cpu, all of them had igpu. Did you pull power and output from gpu, plug the monitor to the motherboard video out and see if that activates the monitor?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022
What Did happen when you applied power?

No, not pointless. That board is old enough not to have diagnostic leds. But some of those old boards did have a Dr. Mos readout, which if stuck on a specific alpha-numeric would be a clue. Some did have power-ok light etc. Without knowing the exact mobo, can't really tell you what exactly to look for when things are or are not happening, didn't say which stick or multiple sticks, whether it's a 2 ram or 4 ram slot board etc.

The more specific the information, the more ppl can help. If you called a mechanic and said car won't start, guaranteed he'll want make/model of car, just to know whether he's dealing with a carburetor or fuel injection, mechanical or electric fuel pump, whether the key does anything, motor turns over or not, idiot lights or guage etc.

All fans spin at power on. Ok, that's a result, not a symptom. Means psu isn't the issue, mobo obviously gets power. When that happened, did the monitor activate and stay on, or did it come on then shut off or never come on?

Lga1151, Haswell class cpu, all of them had igpu. Did you pull power and output from gpu, plug the monitor to the motherboard video out and see if that activates the monitor?
Hi thanks for the replies everyone. I tried pulling out the videocard and connecting hdmi to the monitor, unfortunately wiry no result