[SOLVED] PC wont boot ssd m2 after connecting sata 3 ?

Adi Bulz

Commendable
Aug 5, 2020
Hello! Im asking for your help regarding my 2 ssds.

I had a sata ssd for some time and i upgraded to a m2. I installed windows on the m2 ssd and everything was fine until i restarted my pc, it didnt boot. I tried changing the order of the boot options but nothing helped.

After that, i disconnected my sata ssd, and installed windows again on the m2. With just the m2 ssd it worked. I connected again the sata ssd, restarted my computer and it worked, i could boot. I was happy about that, finished installing my drivers and when i restarted my pc the same problem appeared. When i have this problem a blackscreen with a white underscore apears for one second, this indicate a problem with the boot, im not sure. My motherboard is Gigabyte b450m ds3h.
Hope you can give me some advice, Thank you!

Solution
When i have this problem a blackscreen with a white underscore apears for one second, this indicate a problem with the boot, im not sure.
This means - OS is trying to boot in incompatible mode (BIOS boot settings are not compatible with OS installation).
For example BIOS is set for legacy boot, but OS is installed in UEFI mode.

When you connect another storage device, BIOS settings may get changed. You have to verify, they are correct.
Hello! Im asking for your help regarding my 2 ssds.

I had a sata ssd for some time and i upgraded to a m2. I installed windows on the m2 ssd and everything was fine until i restarted my pc, it didnt boot. I tried changing the order of the boot options but nothing helped.

After that, i disconnected my sata ssd, and installed windows again on the m2. With just the m2 ssd it worked. I connected again the sata ssd, restarted my computer and it worked, i could boot. I was happy about that, finished installing my drivers and when i restarted my pc the same problem appeared. When i have this problem a blackscreen with a white underscore apears for one second, this indicate a problem with the boot, im not sure. My motherboard is Gigabyte b450m ds3h.
Hope you can give me some advice, Thank you!
Try changing connection of SATA disk.

When i have this problem a blackscreen with a white underscore apears for one second, this indicate a problem with the boot, im not sure.
This means - OS is trying to boot in incompatible mode (BIOS boot settings are not compatible with OS installation).
For example BIOS is set for legacy boot, but OS is installed in UEFI mode.

When you connect another storage device, BIOS settings may get changed. You have to verify, they are correct.

Solution