Question Pc wont boot up after installing new Ram

May 6, 2024
Hi I had 4gb ddr3 ram but then I bought 8 gb ram more but whenever I put both of these ram into my pc it shows the error that the cpu couldn't read the ram or something like that.But when I put only the new ram in the pc the pc lights turn on and the gpu fans also work but still no display.kindly help me with this issue I will greatly appreciate
Below I have shared the pictures of the rams old ram is the first and the new ram is the second one

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Upload images to a site like imgur.com and then post a link to them here.

Be sure to provide a list of your system specs (make/model of ALL installed components).

Mixing memory makes/models is not recommended. Sometimes it works. Sometimes, not.

Hi I had 4gb ddr3 ram but then I bought 8 gb ram more but whenever I put both of these ram into my pc it shows the error that the cpu couldn't read the ram or something like that.But when I put only the new ram in the pc the pc lights turn on and the gpu fans also work but still no display.kindly help me with this issue I will greatly appreciate
Below I have shared the pictures of the rams old ram is the first and the new ram is the second one
Your old RAM stick and the new RAM stick may not be able to work together. To get just the new RAM stick to work, you may need a BIOS update, and/or a Clear CMOS.

Last edited: