PC wont boot, upgrading prebuilt pc

Veunxay

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
I have a prebuilt pc from the HP Pavilion series, decided to upgrade it, first upgrade is the case. I went with the unexon skull. Everything went smooth until i had to connect the cables of the case and PSU to the motherboard, HDD etc. after posting some pics of my problem on different sites, there shouldnt be any problem at all. But the PC simply wont boot. Not even a little noise comes but the PSU still seems to work as it shows a little green light when attached to electricity.

http://imgur.com/gallery/clfg4

Please Halp

Solution
Transplanting prebuilts to another case is rarely 'smooth', as they were never designed to do so - and generally the boards aren't marked very well (if at all) as far as the front panel wires....

Trial and error is all I can suggest, unless you can find a wiring diagram for your specific Pavillion model

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Transplanting prebuilts to another case is rarely 'smooth', as they were never designed to do so - and generally the boards aren't marked very well (if at all) as far as the front panel wires....

Trial and error is all I can suggest, unless you can find a wiring diagram for your specific Pavillion model

Solution

noahhefner

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Try to short the pins that go to the front panel power switch with a piece of metal (a screwdriver will work.) Make sure the PSU switch is ON when you do this. If the system powers on, the problem is in the switch. If the system still doesn't power on, double check your CPU and 24pin motherboard power connections. Hope this helps and good luck!