Question PC wont boot when enabling XMP profile (2 different ram timings)

Oct 19, 2023
So I have a question regarding my PC not booting when enabling XMP Profile
So I have 2 different types of RAM both 3600Mhz but different timings (CL16 and CL18). When I upgraded my pc from 16gb to 32 gb RAM it wouldn't boot (because of the different timings it turned out) so I was busy back then so I managed to downscale my RAM to 2133 Mhz to get my work done. But now I wanna fix this issue which has been annoying my for the past year ;) So my question is how do I get my RAM to run on 3600 Mhz on CL16 timings without using the XMP profile?
(When I enable the XMP profile my PC wont boot, the DRAM light turns red on my motherboard)

Another thing I read was that my CPU might not be able to handle this RAM speed with these timings.
Help would be greatly appreciated!

Pc compontents
Motherboards: B550 AORUS PRO AC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Ram: Gskill 202713 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR Memory Card, 16 GB (3600 Mhz, CL16 timings)
G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600Mhz RGB - [F4-3600C18D-16GTZR] (3600 Mhz CL18 timings)

how do I get my RAM to run on 3600 Mhz on CL16 timings without using the XMP profile?
Please show screenshots from CPU-Z
memory section,​
spd section - for every module ( that would be 4 screenshots with 4 modules).​
(upload to imgur.com and posst link)

Note - with 4 modules you most likely will not be able to reach max rated frequency.
But it still should be possible to go higher than 2133mhz.

4xMatisse-3200-2667.png

jordow47

Honorable
Mar 6, 2018
I had a similar issue with XMP stopping my PC from booting. I didn't have two different timings on the ram though, however I managed to fix it by disabling XMP and just manually setting the speeds incrementally from 3600mhz down until it was stable. I did also have to increase the dram voltage by a little to keep it stable!

My ram is Corsair and they're known for not being great at running at the default XMP profile speeds, so it may not be the same.

Oct 19, 2023
I had a similar issue with XMP stopping my PC from booting. I didn't have two different timings on the ram though, however I managed to fix it by disabling XMP and just manually setting the speeds incrementally from 3600mhz down until it was stable. I did also have to increase the dram voltage by a little to keep it stable!

My ram is Corsair and they're known for not being great at running at the default XMP profile speeds, so it may not be the same.
It worked problem solved! Thanks.