PC wont boot with dual channel configuration

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
i just rebuilt my pc and my pc is not booting in dual channel configuration.
my pc is not booting when-
1.rams on slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 (dram and cpu debug led blinks in a jumping pattern 1st cou them dram again cpu then dram this goes forever)
and my pc is booting with -
1. single ram working in every slot , rams working in slot 1 and 2 , 3 and 4 , 1 and 4 , 2 and 3.

here is my pc specs
cpu - 7700k
ram - gskill trident z 3200
vga - intel hd
motherboard - msi z270 gaming pro carbon

Solution

Possible that you have bumped something around socket area? Have you removed CPU from the socket? Then try to check pins on mobo and CPU contact side.
Because if all u did is lifted up cooler and replaced thermal paste cant give u this issue. So it could be just a coincident or u have damaged something.
Your 7700K officially supports DDR4-2133/2400MHz RAM and therefore 3200MHz is considered OC ram.
What this means is your XMP profile may not be recognised so you will have to manually enter the SPD info in Bios and Tweak your Primary Timings and Voltage. It is dependant also on the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) if OC will work. Try increasing DRAM Voltage in small steps.
If problems persist then I suggest you try a kit at 2400MHz that are listed on the MB QVL.

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

my temperatures were high so i reapplied my thermal paste and after doing that this happened.

Possible that you have bumped something around socket area? Have you removed CPU from the socket? Then try to check pins on mobo and CPU contact side.
Because if all u did is lifted up cooler and replaced thermal paste cant give u this issue. So it could be just a coincident or u have damaged something.

Solution

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

yes you were right but not completely my cpu was damaged because i delided it with vise and possible broke something inside the thin cpu.

lakimens

Honorable

You should include such information....

skpatel71

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

yeah i forget about that , im so dumb , anyways i got a new 7700k delided it again with vise but carefully and successfully now its running at 4.8ghz 1.285 v but due to vdrop its dropping to 1.215v during stress test but its completely stable b and my max temperature is 60c on 2 cores and 59c on 2 , i want to overclock it to 5ghz but due ti vdrop i cant , please help