PC Won't Boot

alextwist

Reputable
May 29, 2014
I just put together a PC today, but it won't turn on. I turned it on it on and actually installed windows with everything out of the case. Now, I've installed everything and it doesn't respond to the power switch or manually shorting the power pins. I took out my gpu and my memory and tried to get it to boot up but still nothing. I would blame the psu, but it was previously working just fine. I doube checked all the connections. My best guess is that I damaged the motherboard via static. Anyone go any idea?

Solution

was worth trying

i have the feeling if you take it out the case it will post

yes static can cause damage

but its not hugely likely unless you are shuffling your feet on a nylon carpet etc

i must admit to having handled god knows how many components with out a static wrist strap with no problems

check none of the little metal prongs on the rear io shield didnt slip inside a usb port

i have seen that happen before

was worth trying

i have the feeling if you take it out the case it will post

yes static can cause damage

but its not hugely likely unless you are shuffling your feet on a nylon carpet etc

i must admit to having handled god knows how many components with out a static wrist strap with no problems

check none of the little metal prongs on the rear io shield didnt slip inside a usb port

i have seen that happen before

Solution