[SOLVED] PC Won't Detect Ethernet

Laittea Biscuit

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
It used to work properly until strong lightning struck and blew up several devices including the router (I'm only mentioning this as I think it may be a hardware problem). I got it replaced and pc won't recognise the new one at all. It won't show that it's connected to anything, and neither does the router.
I had the pc sent to a professional and he said it worked just fine with his Ethernet.
I tried uninstalling and updating adapter drivers, tried a different cable, restarting router and pc but nothing worked.
New router connects to other computers just fine as I trird connecting it to my sister's device.
I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

Solution
Same thing happened to my neighbour few years ago, lightning struck and knocked out every electrical in his house, including his ethernet on pc, now he is using wifi adapter. You could use gigabit or similar, ethernet pcie adapter, they are quite cheap.
Never trust what "Professionals" say if you dont see it. That happened to me quite few times (dont worry about down vote, you have to click onto "Reply to X").
Same thing happened to my neighbour few years ago, lightning struck and knocked out every electrical in his house, including his ethernet on pc, now he is using wifi adapter. You could use gigabit or similar, ethernet pcie adapter, they are quite cheap.
Never trust what "Professionals" say if you dont see it. That happened to me quite few times (dont worry about down vote, you have to click onto "Reply to X").

Solution