[SOLVED] PC wont go to sleep, and fails to wake up from hibernate.

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
Alright so I've had an issue for quite sometime, at first whenever I would put the computer to sleep or hibernate (yes I know the difference between the two) the PC would immediately shutdown, display splash screen, and restart back to the login screen. So I completely disabled sleep and hibernate until I could figure it out. Then after a Windows update a while back I tried both hibernate and sleep again. Now hibernate work just as intended, but when I put the PC to sleep it goes into hibernate, when I wake it up it immediately shuts off.

Event viewer shows

Error - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001. (I specifically told it to sleep but it went into hibernate instead)

Error - The previous system shutdown at 6:38:26 PM on ‎10/‎2/‎2020 was unexpected. (This happened upon trying to wake the system back up via keyboard or mouse)

Critical - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. (This is when I restarted the PC after it unexpectedly shutdown)

A minidump file was created and WinDbg says that WppRecorder.sys is the cause of the problem.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - Sapphire Nitro + 5700xt
POWER SUPPLY - Corsair RM 750 80+ Gold
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
MOBO - Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
SYS DRIVE - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Any help on solving this is greatly appreciated!!! TIA!!

Last edited:

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
Are there any driverless devices in the device manager? It sounds like you are missing a power management driver.
Also for such a question, it would be helpful if you would post the system specs and OS version since my magic sphere is retired :)

I don't believe I am missing any power management drivers. Sorry for not including specs.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - Sapphire Nitro + 5700xt
POWER SUPPLY - Corsair RM 750 80+ Gold
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
MOBO - Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
SYS DRIVE - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
PC spec?

What power plan are you running?

What times have you set for screen off and PC sleep?

Sorry I edited the original post to include specs.
I am currently just running the AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan. My monitor is set to shut off after 10 minutes, and I have it set to never go to sleep to prevent it from constantly shutting down and needing to restart, but if i change it to the default of 30 minutes the problem still occurs.

Last edited:

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
How have you set your power and sleep eg https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/9991-windows-10-power-settings.html#:~:text=To adjust sleep settings, go,put the computer to sleep.
and
then go to the power plan and advanced settings. You might have to turn off not sleep if playing video.

and fix wpp recorder - https://social.technet.microsoft.co...thandled-wpprecordersys?forum=winserverhyperv

I'm sorry but please try to follow the thread. As I mentioned earlier power settings are AMD Ryzen Balanced with screen turning off after 10 minutes and because of the current problem I have sleep set to never so the PC doesn't continue to crash upon wake up. This issue has nothing to do with playing a video.