[SOLVED] PC wont post after bios update

Dec 15, 2018
I updated my bios thinking that it would give me performance improvements. All the fans and lights turn on but nothing shows up on the screen. I tried removing the battery and switching display ports. Running on Asus rog strix b350f and ryzen 5 1600.

Solution

It was a gigabyte B350 motherboard but I also had similar problems as this. I'd have to remove power cord, remove battery, turn on computer (it won't, of course) to discharge capacitors, reset CMOS (shorting pins) and leave battery out overnight and short CMOS reset pins again the next day before putting it back together and restarting.

But that assumes it's just a glitched CMOS, if the BIOS itself got glitched when burning you'll have to replace the BIOS chip as I don't think...

It was a gigabyte B350 motherboard but I also had similar problems as this. I'd have to remove power cord, remove battery, turn on computer (it won't, of course) to discharge capacitors, reset CMOS (shorting pins) and leave battery out overnight and short CMOS reset pins again the next day before putting it back together and restarting.

But that assumes it's just a glitched CMOS, if the BIOS itself got glitched when burning you'll have to replace the BIOS chip as I don't think ASUS uses a back-up BIOS.

It did recover every time though.

Solution