[SOLVED] PC won't post after GPU replacement

Jan 9, 2021
Hi,

I've recently gotten a new rx6700xt to replace my RX580. I used DDU to remove the old drivers and installed my new GPU. It was all working so I put on the panels, after that the PC didn't post anymore (no bios splash screen)

After putting back my RX580 it still works.

I have a Corsair SF600 PSU but I don't think that's the issue.
I've reseated all cables and GPU itself several times.
Cleared CMOS
Used Displayport instead of HDMI. Nothing works

Anyone know what the issue could be?

Solution
If the RX 580 is working and the RX 6700 XT is not working, then it's is almost certainly the power supply. If possible, test the graphics card in a system with a better power supply or test a new power supply in your system with the new card.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
If the RX 580 is working and the RX 6700 XT is not working, then it's is almost certainly the power supply. If possible, test the graphics card in a system with a better power supply or test a new power supply in your system with the new card.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 9, 2021

-Wolf sends
How come it doesn't work when it isn't drawing that much power? Especially since it did work once before

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
This is only a guess, but I think there may be some sort of self-protection involved. At boot, it tests to see if it can safely draw max power. If it can, then the system passes that part of POST. If not, the system just doesn't boot.

Again, this is ONLY a GUESS.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: FinnbarA
Jun 8, 2021
Are you using a daisy chain power cord? Sometimes these do not supply enough power and short out. Make sure you are using two separate cables to power your GPU.

Jan 9, 2021
This is only a guess, but I think there may be some sort of self-protection involved. At boot, it tests to see if it can safely draw max power. If it can, then the system passes that part of POST. If not, the system just doesn't boot.

-Wolf sends
I tested on my brother's PC (650w PSU) and all worked well. So I suppose I'll need to get a new one :/

Jan 9, 2021

-Wolf sends
I put in a brand new 750w PSU to no avail. Still no signal.

I am completely lost. Have no clue what the issue could be...

Rip, guess I'll have to sell it :(