Question PC won't POST if I power it off ?

JohnyGPTSOAD

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
This is a weird thing to explain. I have an AMD FX8350 CPU and yesterday I was doing the usual with my PC, browsing some youtube videos when the PC starts to get real slow. I thought "OK just normal PC behaviour" and turned it off. The PC shuts down normally and when I power it back up, the CPU_LED on the motherboard comes on. Its constant. I freak out and stuff so I just removed the CPU and pop'ed it back on. The PC boots up fine.

Now to get to the point. Everytime I power down the computer the CPULED comes on, but if I remove the CPU and put it back in again it boots up fine.

I've had this CPU, RAM and MoBo running for just 2 months with no significant load. My GPU died before I bought the CPU so I cant play anything that overloads. CPU's never over 50% load at anytime.

EDIT: Adding to the post, my motherboard is an ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, Corsair CX500 psu Hyper Fury 8GB ram 1x8GB. Also putting it on Sleep or Hibernating it will cause the same problem.

Oct 24, 2020
Sounds like it's over heating. Also watch how much power your drawing for RGB fans or lights and etc. Amd fx 8350's run hot. I have one and had to switch to liquid cooling because I had the same problem, now mine runs fine unless I am drawing alot of power through the motherboard for rgb's.