Question PC won't post, keeps rebooting despite having replaced all major components

Yggdrasilbury

Prominent
Jul 25, 2023
I think I’ve tried everything to get my trusty computer back up and running, and could really use some help from people more knowledgeable than myself.

My computer suddenly wouldn’t post with no previous warning, so I set about to fix it, while getting some new components in at the same time.

Nothing I’ve tried works - the computer starts, the MB, GPU and LED lights come on, the fans spin, but only for around 40 seconds - then it reboots, and the same thing happens.

I’ve replaced the motherboard (first on the suspect list), replaced the PSU (upgraded to a 750W from a 650W), I’ve replaced the CPU (upgraded my Ryzen 7 1800X to a 3700X), I’ve replaced my RTX 3700 with an RTX Titan), I’ve shuffled around the RAM, I reseated all connectors, I’ve cleared the CMOS (both shortening the PINs and removing the battery) - no change whatsoever.

After weeks of struggling with this, I’m all out of ideas, and would be extremely grateful for any help from you guys.

Maybe I’m just missing something stupid, after having put everything together again with the new parts (CPU and GPU - I went back to my original motherboard after replacing it made no change).

This is my setup:

Motherboard: ASRock X370 Killer SLI (tried switching out with a ASRock X570 Taichi Premium, switched back after no change - exact same behavior)
PSU: Corsair CX750
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia RTX Titan
RAM: 4 x 16GB DDR-4 (2 x Ripjaws GSkill + 2 x XPG AData)
CPU Cooler: CyberPower PC-branded liquid cooler (looks simila to a Corsair H60)
Case: Phantek5

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
I think I’ve tried everything to get my trusty computer back up and running, and could really use some help from people more knowledgeable than myself.

My computer suddenly wouldn’t post with no previous warning, so I set about to fix it, while getting some new components in at the same time.

Nothing I’ve tried works - the computer starts, the MB, GPU and LED lights come on, the fans spin, but only for around 40 seconds - then it reboots, and the same thing happens.

I’ve replaced the motherboard (first on the suspect list), replaced the PSU (upgraded to a 750W from a 650W), I’ve replaced the CPU (upgraded my Ryzen 7 1800X to a 3700X), I’ve replaced my RTX 3700 with an RTX Titan), I’ve shuffled around the RAM, I reseated all connectors, I’ve cleared the CMOS (both shortening the PINs and removing the battery) - no change whatsoever.

After weeks of struggling with this, I’m all out of ideas, and would be extremely grateful for any help from you guys.

Maybe I’m just missing something stupid, after having put everything together again with the new parts (CPU and GPU - I went back to my original motherboard after replacing it made no change).

This is my setup:

Motherboard: ASRock X370 Killer SLI (tried switching out with a ASRock X570 Taichi Premium, switched back after no change - exact same behavior)
PSU: Corsair CX750
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia RTX Titan
RAM: 4 x 16GB DDR-4 (2 x Ripjaws GSkill + 2 x XPG AData)
CPU Cooler: CyberPower PC-branded liquid cooler (looks simila to a Corsair H60)
Case: Phantek5

Check your processor if it has paste or any bent pin.