Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
Hi, so recently I decided to build a PC with the following specs:
I5 4590
Rx 570 strix 4gb
2x4gb ddr3
H81m-a Asus motherboard
Cx550m
When I try to turn it on only a green light on the motherboard turns on.
I have already gone through the list of things to check that could be wrong. The green Mobo light is the only sign of life, cpu fan won't spin and neither will psu fan. Just to recap, I have already checked cmos, done paperclip test on psu, motherboard power is plugged in all the way, cpu power cable is in all the way, and cpu and ram work on another motherboard perfectly. Please help me thanks

DANO_2

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
First off - try another PSU unit.
Or test your PSU in another setup.
The dead PSU fan is your pointer here.
I tested it on another PSU and same result. Like I said I performed the paper clip test on the psu and it was fine. Also the psu worked on another motherboard. I think the motherboard might just be bad?

The ASUS H81M-A is a year 2014 model. Where it has been for the past 5 years is not listed by OP.

Core i5-4590

Before using the Intel 4th Gen Core processors, it is suggested that you first download the BIOS updater for Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.

Core i5-4590 is listed as requiring BIOS version 0909 or newer.

DANO_2

Reputable
Nov 23, 2016
The ASUS H81M-A is a year 2014 model. Where it has been for the past 5 years is not listed by OP.

Core i5-4590

Before using the Intel 4th Gen Core processors, it is suggested that you first download the BIOS updater for Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using this tool.

Core i5-4590 is listed as requiring BIOS version 0909 or newer.
I returned the motherboard because I was not able to verify the bios, but they told me it was up to date, and completely working.