PC won't post?

liamwiebe759

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Hello
This afternoon I was met with an unfriendly PC problem.

I was playing a game, and when I was done I closed the application and others open. Then a malwarebytes update message popped up (I don't know if that's relevant or not). After that I tried to click other icons on my PC, but they weren't registering. Nothing came up when I clicked anything. So I shut down my PC.

After a good 10 min it finally shut down. I tried to turn it on again and saw a glimpse of the motherboard screen, and then my screen went black. Tried again, and this time nothing showed up! What?!

I have tried to see what wrong, but with no resolve. My monitor and video cable work perfectly, something must be wrong with my PC.

One interesting thing I noticed was my motherboard didn't turn the VGA light on even when my GPU wasn't even connected!

tl;Dr
PC won't post even though MOBA lights are on. Monitor/cable work fine. Fans all run (even GPU ones). I am stumped...

Motherboard - MSI X370 SLI Plus
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
GPU - Ryzen 1700
PSU - Corsair Gold rated 750w
RAM - 16GB Crucial, 2400hz
(Sorry, I not in my Pc's location atm.

Any help?

Solution

As in is it installed on a HDD or an SSD and if so how much storage does it have?
I'm not to sure about Ryzen overclocks & voltages (i'm a team blue fan) but those voltages like fine to me, anyway look up how to clear CMOS it resets the BIOS to standard settings that should...

liamwiebe759

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I forgot to mention that I did have it running an overclock.
I had the Ryzen 1700 running at 3.5 ghz at 1.3 V
I was able to access the BIOS before it only showed a black screen. I changed those values to 3.0 ghz at 1.2 V. (Which may have been a bad idea on my part) . Now that I mention it, it didn't post after I made that change...is this why?

System is about 6-8 months old

Windows 10. I'm not sure what else you mean by that (Sorry, I'm fairly new to this)

The Man Dan

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016

As in is it installed on a HDD or an SSD and if so how much storage does it have?
I'm not to sure about Ryzen overclocks & voltages (i'm a team blue fan) but those voltages like fine to me, anyway look up how to clear CMOS it resets the BIOS to standard settings that should fix it. Its a button on the motherboard.

Solution

liamwiebe759

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
Oh ok, Installed on SSD, 525 GB. I also have a 3 TB HDD.

I have tried to clear CMOS already, but I have a feeling I didn't do it right. I will look into it and respond if it didn't go so well