Question PC won't POST.

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I recently updated PC case and built waterloop, specs as follows.

MSI CREATOR trx40, Ryzen threadripper 3960x, g skill 4x8gb 3200 mhz ram at c16, seasonic 1300w gold PSU, MSI rtx 3090 suprim x, WD gen 4 nvme. While testing loop with power only to loop and no power anywhere else it leaked and splashed on pch fan and cover and little onto rear of GPU active backplate near the pcie slot ( drained power off mobo and GPU by not using them for a week before loop setup), removed all covers and heatsinks off mobo and there was no water stains anywhere in the mobo but I cleaned it thoroughly for 2 hours along with using heat gun at low temp to dry off and did the same to GPU as well and did not use them for another week, yesterday completed the loop and made sure there were no more leaks and turned on PC, all light and fans came on and q code displayed several and usual codes but system shuts down in 2 seconds after powering on and it won't respond to power button unless I power off at PSU and do it again, q code does not pause at any specific code but just stops and the last number I can see 15 and then looks like C0 ( and that code is not used by Msi) or DE and I can barely see in the video I recorded and played at 20 times slower and last code is 00 and that's it, I am certain there was never any water near CPU when this happened as pump and tube leading out of pump to GPU was below GPU in horizontal position, reseated cpu and checked for bent pins and there are none, tested with known working ram modules in all slots, tested with and without GPU installed and no matter what the same thing happens, I am leaning towards some type short somewhere but there is nothing anywhere near the mobo on all sides, any help appreciated.