Question PC won't run properly with Radeon RX 6700 XT EAGLE OC installed ?

Apr 14, 2022
I've recently purchased this video card (Radeon RX 6700 XT) and I've been doing my best to try and get it working in my computer but I'm have an extreme amount of difficulty. Here is what I've tried so far:
  1. Removed all existing drivers
  2. Updated Bios
  3. Upgraded PSU to 750W
  4. Installed latest AMD Radeon drivers
  5. Ran system with existing Video Card (current card works fine)
  6. Use two PCIe 8 pin power cables
  7. Tried to reset CMOS (not sure if I actually succeeded or not, the system date time was not reset...)
Is this card not compatible with the motherboard I have? I can't quite figure out what is going on. Once I turn the computer on it runs extremely slow from the start (sometimes I get no signal) and seems to be using a lot of power. After I installed the latest AMD drivers and ran the AMD software my GPU utilization was oddly jumping to 99%. Again, the system runs fine with my old video card (NVIDIA RTX 970). so it seems to be an issue with compatibility or the card seems to be faulty.

Here is my complete build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Npx6Mp

Please describe the exact issue. What you see vs. expected results. Are you able to game or run any benchmarks? Does it take a lot longer to POST and boot into WIndows with the AMD card?
You always need to have all the aux power cables installed. on any GPU that has the ports.
When switching GPUs from NVIDIA to AMD (or vice versa) it is important that you use DDU to fully remove the previous driver.

Apr 14, 2022
Please describe the exact issue. What you see vs. expected results. Are you able to game or run any benchmarks? Does it take a lot longer to POST and boot into WIndows with the AMD card?
You always need to have all the aux power cables installed. on any GPU that has the ports.
When switching GPUs from NVIDIA to AMD (or vice versa) it is important that you use DDU to fully remove the previous driver.
It takes a lot longer to POST and to boot into Windows (sometimes I don't get any signal at all). I've run DDU and removed all drivers already. I'm not able to game at all, as the computer in general runs slow when I eventually do boot into Windows.

Last edited:
It takes a lot longer to POST and to boot into Windows (sometimes I don't get any signal at all). I've run DDU and removed all drivers already. I'm not able to game at all, as the computer in general runs slow when I eventually do boot into Windows.
Thanks.
The longer to POST and/or no signal plus you being able to clean out the AMD drivers, put your RTX 970 in, and run it perfectly in game, does point towards a faulty GPU.
Are you able to test this GPU in a different system? If not, I would just RMA it.

Apr 14, 2022
I'll try to test it in another system today and see what happens. The odd thing is I've already returned two other cards that had the exact same issue (they were NVidea 3060s)...

Kind of makes me feel like something is up with my existing configuration. I tried my best to clear the CMOS settings, but not sure if that matters given I was able to log into the BIOS and set back to factory defaults from there anyways.

I'll try to test it in another system today and see what happens. The odd thing is I've already returned two other cards that had the exact same issue (they were NVidea 3060s)...

Kind of makes me feel like something is up with my existing configuration. I tried my best to clear the CMOS settings, but not sure if that matters given I was able to log into the BIOS and set back to factory defaults from there anyways.
Hmmm. Interesting. Yes, if you reset in BIOS that's the same as clearing the CMOS.

Have you tried a full operating system wipe and reinstall?

Apr 14, 2022
No not yet, I'm trying to avoid that since it will take a long time to set everything back up. If its taking a long time to POST does that still have to do with the operating system?

Apr 14, 2022
Just wanted follow up with this thread, after hours and hours of troubleshooting, I finally swapped out the Riser cable (the Fractal Node 202 is a form factor case) and it seems to be working now. I was using the riser card that originally came with the case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts