PC won't sleep

plugandplay

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Hi, just got a new PC (Windows 8.1, i5) my son set it to go to sleep every 30 mins and it did work the day he turned it on (Christmas day while we were out), just tapped the Power button and it woke up, but it is not working since.

I've tried a few things, went into the device manager and in my Network Adapter turned off the "wake this computer", but haven't solved it yet.

Any ideas?

plugandplay

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for the help.

I had done the Power Troubleshooter, BUT didn't know I needed to reboot after doing it. So I ran it again and rebooted this time and it did solve it this time... at least kind of.

I set the timer of the computer sleeping to 5 minutes and it worked fan and all the lights on the PC turned off and it was silent. Then I did it for 10, 15, 20 with the same good results......Then I set it for 30 and it didn't turn off. So I reran the Power Troubleshooter and it told me the sleep setting was to long, but it fixed it and set it for 15 minutes. But it still won't go to sleep.

Talk about frustrating.

I'm gonna reset it to 5, rerun the Power Troubleshooter, reboot and see if what I did before solves it.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Mike