PC won't start, again

shruk3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Hello, a few months ago i made a thread in which my PC couldn't start because of 1 RAM stick.

Well i got another one, an 8 GB one which worked fine for a while.

This morning I booted up my PC, it worked for 2 seconds then it shut down. After about 3 more tries it showed me the Main BIOS was corrupted and had to be restored to the backup BIOS.

It completed, it got to the Windows Starting screen, then froze and gave me a blueescreen that disappeared so fast i couldn't read anything, and everytime I boot it up now it does the exact same, boots up, blueescreen, restarts.

I put the RAM in all the slots, tried the old RAM which was working, again in all slots, but still nothing, could it be a problem with the BIOS? Or the motherboard?

Specs:
Intel i3 3240
GTX 960 4GB
8 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ HYPERX Beast RAM
Srasonic 540 PSU B75-D3V Gigabyte motherboard

To begin with...the fact that the BIOS was corrupted would tend to indicate to me a problem with the motherboard.

I would try to update to the latest BIOS for that motherboard....and if the latest BIOS is the one you are currently using I would redownload it and reinstall it and then try it.

shruk3

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

I did that, it updated but to no avail, I reinstalled Windows and that seemed to have fixed the problem, whatever it might have been, thanks for answering.

TRENDING THREADS