PC won't start with 2 sticks of RAM (tridentz RGB) yes I have done the no post checklist.

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Other sticks work in any slot with no issue... They don't work if I put two in any slots in any combination

So I have 2, 8 GB sticks of tridentz rgb 2400mhz my specs are here

Everything boots runs fine fine temps everything has been checked, re installed Windows and all that stuff.

Whenever I start it with 2 sticks , I get no post... On my motherboard the CPU error turns on, than the dram error led turns on, they do both light up however with the default rainbow.

I turned xmp on, my motherboard only supports up to 2133mhz I think... With one stick it auto clocks down to 2133mhz.

So I tried to manually set the ram in BIOS to run at 2133mhz.

Still no post with one stick...

Completely fine with one stick

Suggestions? Maybe I should reset bios and have someone tell me what settings to change or something?

Solution
I assume your motherboard BIOS is up to date? If not, manually update the BIOS following instructions in the manual. I must ask though, how did you install your OS with the ram issue persistent? Did you use another ram kit? BTW you should be looking at setting the rams for DDR4-2400MHz not 2133MHz. Speaking of 2133MHz it leads me to think that the BIOS is the limiting factor or that the rams are faulty.

Might want to run memtest86 for at least 10 passes per stick per slot and see if any errors come up. You can then introduce the second stick of ram and run in dual channel as per the motherboard and see if any errors come up in memtest86.

Lutfij

Titan
I assume your motherboard BIOS is up to date? If not, manually update the BIOS following instructions in the manual. I must ask though, how did you install your OS with the ram issue persistent? Did you use another ram kit? BTW you should be looking at setting the rams for DDR4-2400MHz not 2133MHz. Speaking of 2133MHz it leads me to think that the BIOS is the limiting factor or that the rams are faulty.

Might want to run memtest86 for at least 10 passes per stick per slot and see if any errors come up. You can then introduce the second stick of ram and run in dual channel as per the motherboard and see if any errors come up in memtest86.

Solution

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I only used one stick

One stick= boot zero errors completely fine

Two sticks= no post

I've been. Running one stick for a couple days and tonight I'll have the chance to try to fix it

I installed the BIOS from the Asus website for the z270e... I'm assuming that where I'd get it... I'll check the manual though

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Yes I've tried both stick in every slot in every combination and one stick in every slot than tried the other sticks in every slot... All slots are working, both sticks are working

That makes me think either compatibility, or bios issues

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

i scratched the back of the mobo near the mounting holes tyring to get out a stuck screw, i think maybe thats the issue