Question PC Won't stop crashing / extremely unstable | Tried Everything!

Nov 5, 2023
I bought a pc 3 months ago, and I immediately started noticing that it would freeze here and there and would sometimes just restart on its own. Most of the time, the freezes come when I'm browsing and switching tabs, as well as using photoshop and streaming on discord. I stress tested every component to the pc and made sure to monitor all the temps, and I am also able to play games like Overwatch and MW2 for hours on end and not have a single stutter, and yet the crashing / freezing kept happening, So I ran memtest86 and was immediately getting 1000’s of errors, I tested each stick individually with multiple configurations and each stick yielded errors. I thought it was pretty weird that both sticks of ram seemed to be failing, but I still ordered new ram just to be sure. I replaced the ram early this morning and ran memtest for a couple of hours, no errors at all and passed all the benchmarking and testing I threw at it. Yet I am now noticing the freezing and system instability is still occurring along with a BSOD with the error codes :

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

And I originally thought it was bad GPU drivers, so I reinstalled the drivers multiple times, as well as using DDU. Still more crashing and freezing. I then did a clean wipe of the whole system and reinstalled windows, and the crashing continued.

I've tried using different ram sticks, reinstalling drivers, updating BIOS and Windows and my temps are normal.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-9600K

TUF Z390-PLUS (WiFi) Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200

EVGA RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

512GB M.2 NVMe SSD

256GB Sata SSD

EVGA Supernova G3 650W Modular PSU

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Take out your RTX 2060, hook monitor to MoBo and look if you still get your crashes/freezes.

If not, RTX 2060 is faulty.
If you still do, issue is somewhere else. Could be CPU issue.

Nov 5, 2023
Take out your RTX 2060, hook monitor to MoBo and look if you still get your crashes/freezes.

If not, RTX 2060 is faulty.
If you still do, issue is somewhere else. Could be CPU issue.
Alrighty, it's just very odd that I am able to play games for hours and even render stuff via blender with no issues, I figured the GPU would fail during those times

Nov 5, 2023
Test with iGPU to rule out RTX 2060. Since if issue remains, it most likely is CPU fault.
Alright doing that now, an issue is that it doesn't crash right away it can go hours or even days without crashing, its super odd that I'm able to play games and render stuff, I originally thought it could be a psu issue, maybe there was a cable that wasn't working properly or maybe the voltage was iffy

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I originally thought it could be a psu issue, maybe there was a cable that wasn't working properly or maybe the voltage was iffy
If the issue would be PSU, you'd see far more severe issues. Like random restarts or even complete shut downs.

Also EVGA G3 is quite good PSU, using Super Flower Leadex II platform. So, it isn't obvious suspect by lacking build quality, if you'd have cheaper/lower quality PSU.
PSU review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,5533.html

Nov 5, 2023
If the issue would be PSU, you'd see far more severe issues. Like random restarts or even complete shut downs.

Also EVGA G3 is quite good PSU, using Super Flower Leadex II platform. So, it isn't obvious suspect by lacking build quality, if you'd have cheaper/lower quality PSU.
PSU review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,5533.html
I see, I figured it could maybe be PSU at first, There has been random restarts and complete shutdowns previously. Could it be possible that the psu would be underpowering certain components in the system?

Nov 5, 2023

I just got another crash, ran WhoCrashed and got these results
pz0hph6.png

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I just got another crash, ran WhoCrashed and got these results
All that when using iGPU? :unsure:

Hmm... Boot into Safe Mode and look if you still get your crashes. Since it's possible that you have driver/software conflict. Safe Mode only loads Win kernel and Win display drivers. Safe Mode won't use GPU drivers.

There has been random restarts and complete shutdowns previously.
These happen mainly for 2 reasons:
* CPU/GPU thermal throttle
* PSU is acting up

Could it be possible that the psu would be underpowering certain components in the system?
Unlikely, however, with PSU, providing voltages outside spec is usual issue of random restarts/shut downs.

Like i said, your PSU is relatively good. Still, it should be ~5 years old now and it coming with 7 years of warranty, you could RMA it. Or you could look towards completely new, up-to-date and better build quality PSU.

Good quality PSUs to go for are Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi.
(All 3 of my PCs are powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig).

For other options, anything from Tier A will do;
PSU tier list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

Your EVGA G3 is also Tier A, in low-priority section.

Nov 5, 2023
All that when using iGPU? :unsure:

Hmm... Boot into Safe Mode and look if you still get your crashes. Since it's possible that you have driver/software conflict. Safe Mode only loads Win kernel and Win display drivers. Safe Mode won't use GPU drivers.

These happen mainly for 2 reasons:
* CPU/GPU thermal throttle
* PSU is acting up

Unlikely, however, with PSU, providing voltages outside spec is usual issue of random restarts/shut downs.

Like i said, your PSU is relatively good. Still, it should be ~5 years old now and it coming with 7 years of warranty, you could RMA it. Or you could look towards completely new, up-to-date and better build quality PSU.

Good quality PSUs to go for are Seasonic Focus/PRIME or Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi.
(All 3 of my PCs are powered by Seasonic, full specs with pics in my sig).

For other options, anything from Tier A will do;
PSU tier list: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

Your EVGA G3 is also Tier A, in low-priority section.
Okay, thank you very much, i'm still currently testing it with iGPU, as the crash that was above was before I had started testing it without the RTX 2060