PC wont turn on after installing a new power supply

Specksan

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
The title says pretty much everything. Just recently I got the Corsair RM550x power supply and after plugging in all the cables, turning the power supply on and pressing the boot up button nothing happens. The pc makes sort of a shuffling sound for a really really short time and then nothing happens. The lights on my motherboard lightup and the gpu light lights up but my pc just wont start. My PC was working with my old PSU but I upgraded because my GPU needed a better one. Pls help me.

Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
PSU: Corsair RM550x 550W 80+ Gold

Solution
Power SW connects the power switch to the mobo btw. So without it, you're pressing a switch connected to nothing. Glad it wasn't anything more serious, and believe me we've all been there before.

Specksan

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Ok so apparently the POWER SW cable was hanging there and i plugged it in and boom pc boot up, this is with the old psu. I will try to put the new one in and let you know whats up later

Specksan

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Yep, installed the new PSU and everything is working as it should. God i'm so relieved. 6 hours of checking and checking and it was all down to this stupid little cable