Question pc wont turn on after shipping

timlong

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
when i turn the psu on I hear a quiet high pitch buzzing which seems to come from the PSU (but it might not). A small white light appears on my GPU but no lights on my motherboard, nothing displayed on my monitor, no fans spinning, when i press power on nothing changes

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to disconnect the PC from the wall socket, and start inspecting all connections from the PSU to the components in your build. Make sure that all connections are secure. you can unplug and replug them to be sure they're snugly connected.

If that doesn't work, you can then look towards breadboarding the system and see if it powers up with bare minimum. You can then move the system to another wall outlet in your house if the prior step didn't work. You might want to also parse your specs for your build in case something might be inadequate.

timlong

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
You might want to disconnect the PC from the wall socket, and start inspecting all connections from the PSU to the components in your build. Make sure that all connections are secure. you can unplug and replug them to be sure they're snugly connected.

If that doesn't work, you can then look towards breadboarding the system and see if it powers up with bare minimum. You can then move the system to another wall outlet in your house if the prior step didn't work. You might want to also parse your specs for your build in case something might be inadequate.
Thanks for the reply. I had previosly just done that this mornig and made sure eveysingle socket was in properly. I believe the motherboard or psu is faulty. Any way I could tell which one is?