Question PC wont turn on anymore

Dec 4, 2020
Last night i installed a new cpu which is a x4 760k, the one was an a6 5400k. Last it ran fine but today it started turning off on random from time to time, i thought it was just overheating so i let it cooled down and used it again but same thing still happens. This time though it shutdown and i tried to turn it on again but nothing happened. so i thought the motherboard died but that's odd. I thought the cpu died so i put back the old cpu but it still didnt turn on, so now it wont turn on wether i use of the cpus. Is it the motherboard, or is it the psu that i suspect? The psu is an 700w ATX neutron psu, it came prebuilt so i think it's the reason. Nost of my specs are 8gb ddr3 1333mhz, gtx 550 to, 500gb hdd and 250gb ssd, i think it's the psu that died because it couldnt handle all the components. Please heeelp, gonna try to use a diff psu tommorow by my friends house and update it

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

Which BIOS version were you on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU? If you suspect the PSU to the be culprit, breadboard the system and then source a donor 550W PSU which is reliably built to power the system.

Dec 4, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
Chassis:

Which BIOS version were you on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU? If you suspect the PSU to the be culprit, breadboard the system and then source a donor 550W PSU which is reliably built to power the system.
CPU:athlon x4 760k
Motherboard:Zillion A68F2AL2
Ram:2x4 dddr3 1333mh teamgroup inc
SSD/HDD:500gb HDD WD Blue, 250gb SAMSUNG SATA SSD
GPU:GTX 550 Ti
Chassis:Neutron Phantom

I forgot the bios vers, but. It was a american megatrends one, plus im barely new so i dont really know much about what you're saying sorry. The psu is almost 9 years old o think, super old