Question Pc won't turn on, but have a orange light on the motherboard

Mar 23, 2019
So I'm new to pc building and recently brought both an ROG STRIX B250F gaming motherboard and a Corsair carbide spec-delta RGB case. I've connected everything as stated all my fans are in, the power cable and all the front I/o headers are in according to the manual. The only issue with it I can think of is that the case doesn't have a hd led cable but don't see how that should make a difference. Anyway, I plug in my power cable and turn it on and the RGB lights from the motherboard turn on and so does an amber light just above the front I/o headers. When I press the on switch on the case nothing happens.
Any idea what I've done?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Note which slots the rams are in. I would advise in breadboarding the system first then reconnect it in your chassis after you've verified the system is working.

Mar 23, 2019
CPU - Intel i5 7400k
Motherboard - ROG STRIX B250F gaming motherboard
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1050
RAM - 16gb Corsair vengeance
Case - Corsair carbide spec-delta rgb

You might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Note which slots the rams are in. I would advise in breadboarding the system first then reconnect it in your chassis after you've verified the system is working.
PSU - Corsair
CPU - Intel i5 7400k
Motherboard - ROG STRIX B250F gaming motherboard
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1050
RAM - 16gb Corsair vengeance
Case - Corsair carbide spec-delta rgb
PSU - Corsair VS650

ROG STRIX B250f is an unusual choice for a "k" CPU with unlocked multiplier. The unlocked multiplier aids in overclocking the CPU, however that motherboard doesn't have any overclocking features.

Since there is no i5-7400k, I'm guessing you mean i5-7600k.
The motherboard supports either DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400 memory. What memory you have is not listed in your specs, just a vague reference to 16gb Corsair vengeance lpx.

You need to have both power cables connected to the motherboard:
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)

Mar 23, 2019
ROG STRIX B250f is an unusual choice for a "k" CPU with unlocked multiplier. The unlocked multiplier aids in overclocking the CPU, however that motherboard doesn't have any overclocking features.

Since there is no i5-7400k, I'm guessing you mean i5-7600k.
The motherboard supports either DDR4-2133 or DDR4-2400 memory. What memory you have is not listed in your specs, just a vague reference to 16gb Corsair vengeance lpx.

You need to have both power cables connected to the motherboard:
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
I've got all that plugged in fine and I checked the compatablity of all the parts before purchase

Mar 23, 2019
I just tried to start the pc externally from the case through short starting it but still nothing happened yet that amber light on the motherboard and the RGB aura stayed active. Is there an issue with the power supply or the motherboard?
[/QUOTE
I just tried to start the pc externally from the case through short starting it but still nothing happened yet that amber light on the motherboard and the RGB aura stayed active. Is there an issue with the power supply or the motherboard?
Side note, I've used the power supply before on my old build and it worked fine but I've never used the motherboard before.