Question Pc won't turn on even though the gpu light is on

Ztekor

Reputable
Feb 15, 2020
I came home yesterday hoping to play with some friends only to find that my pc wont turn on. When i pressed the power button it does nothing. However, the gpu light is on (the little white led on top of the pcie power connector). Ive tried removing and installing the cmos battery, changing ram slots, changing pcie connectors, trying to turn on the pc from the pins, and checking loose cables. The last time i did with the pc is turning it off normally. My specs are:
Cpu:Ryzen 3 2200g
Mobo:Msi b450m mortar
Ram:2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz
Gpu:Asus dual rx 580 8gb
Psu:Seasonic 550gc focus gold
Case:Cooler master q300l

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does the system make any beeping sounds when you power it on?

When the RX580 is installed, do you have your display connected to it (instead of the motherboard connectors)?

Also, do you have the PCIe power connections from the PSU properly attached to the RX580?

Ztekor

Reputable
Feb 15, 2020
Does the system make any beeping sounds when you power it on?

When the RX580 is installed, do you have your display connected to it (instead of the motherboard connectors)?

Also, do you have the PCIe power connections from the PSU properly attached to the RX580?
No when i say the power button does nothing i meant like literally nothing. Nothing powers up and nothing turned on. I am really sure that the gpu pcie power is properly inserted. Yes the display is connected to the gpu but the problem is the pc wont turn on. Its like the motherboard isnt receiving power from the psu. My main suspect right now is the psu being the problem.

Feb 16, 2020
No when i say the power button does nothing i meant like literally nothing. Nothing powers up and nothing turned on. I am really sure that the gpu pcie power is properly inserted. Yes the display is connected to the gpu but the problem is the pc wont turn on. Its like the motherboard isnt receiving power from the psu. My main suspect right now is the psu being the problem.

My best bet is that you didnt connect the molex fan properly or perhaps have you updated your mouse and keyboard driver to the latest version??