Pc wont turn on only fans

Lgraser6

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
So just upgraded ram graphics card and CPU and psu few days ago and worked great but woke up today and only the fans turn on...do you think i need a new motherboard or hard drive since those are thhe only two old things left.

Motherboard: GA-78LMT-S2

Gpu: gtx 660 2gb

CPU: amd fx 6300

Ram : 16 gb 1333 ghz hyperX

Psu: 600w GeForce bronze b1

1. A new part failed just like an old. In fact, more electornics die in the 1st month of use than any month thereafter

2. Likely cause is something is not plugged in all the way.... reseat all cards, RAm and cables.

3. Are there any LED indicators or such on MoBo that would clue you in where the problem is ? Consult manual.

4. How is the CPU cooled, in other words what cooler ? Was it over tightened which can cause contacts ti not make contact ?

5. Have you tried resetting CMOS (see manual) ?

Lgraser6

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

The cooler is the one that came with my CPU and how could I locate what is broke?

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
From past exp this usually happens due to minor static charge present on components you either weren't grounded when upgrading the system. Take the black motherboard static proof bag and put the components partially inside it try it without taking the components outs or you could fold the bag inside out and wipe the components.

If you dont get what am i saying i can explain this further but if you are sure u were grounded this is a component failure.

Lgraser6

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015

Now the fans wont even turn on so how do I get the bag to get static charge off

Latest posts