[SOLVED] Pc wont turn on when pressing the power button

LukhasMD

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Hi, "I've been having issues with my pc lately.

I was just trying to do my usual stuff when suddenly my pc wont turn on. I tried replupping the power chord to the power supply but it still wont work.

I tried reconnecting the power cable to the motherboard still wont work.

The only thing i can do to turn my pc ON is by spamming the power button over and over.

Solution
Is there a way i can switch the reset and the power button?

Yes, it might be possible but they both have to be the same physical size and have same type of mechanism.

I did just that on an old computer case when the start button broke (it wouldn't 'click' like it should, plastic mechanism behind it had snapped. Reset button was identical so it was an easy swap and it fixed the problem --- though the PC no longer had a reset button of course).
Is there a way i can switch the reset and the power button?

Yes, it might be possible but they both have to be the same physical size and have same type of mechanism.

I did just that on an old computer case when the start button broke (it wouldn't 'click' like it should, plastic mechanism behind it had snapped. Reset button was identical so it was an easy swap and it fixed the problem --- though the PC no longer had a reset button of course).

Solution

LukhasMD

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019

Ok, thanks for the help. Oh btw do u have any fix for windows that dont boot. I need to like reset or shut down my whole pc entirely for it to have a display