Question Pc won't turn on whenever my GTX 1050 ti is plugged

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Guys! I need help with my PC. My pc won't turn on whenever my GTX 1050 ti is plugged, I don't the reason but I accidentally removed 2 things that lookes like a battery (inside the box) I am using a B350M Mortar motherboard. My thing was acting up even before I accidentaly brok that part. ( The battery looks like the gold ones at the bottom of red box
View: https://imgur.com/a/XIxorzi

Hi Guys! I need help with my PC. My pc won't turn on whenever my GTX 1050 ti is plugged, I don't the reason but I accidentally removed 2 things that lookes like a battery (inside the box) I am using a B350M Mortar motherboard. My thing was acting up even before I accidentaly brok that part. ( The battery looks like the gold ones at the bottom of red box
View: https://imgur.com/a/XIxorzi
That is the CMOS battery, try to buy a new battery and in theory it should work. Also just to double check, does your GTX1050ti come with a PCI-E port, if it does have you tried plugging in the PCI-E connector into the GTX1050ti? So you removed the CMOS and another thing. Care to elaborate what you removed, did with it and what the second thing is again in more detail. Thanks!

Edit: I just realised your PSU is facing down. Does your case have a PSU vent at the bottom, if it doesn't then turn the PSU upwards ASAP. Also how old is your computer, when did you build it?

Jul 9, 2020
That is the CMOS battery, try to buy a new battery and in theory it should work. Also just to double check, does your GTX1050ti come with a PCI-E port, if it does have you tried plugging in the PCI-E connector into the GTX1050ti? So you removed the CMOS and another thing. Care to elaborate what you removed, did with it and what the second thing is again in more detail. Thanks!

Edit: I just realised your PSU is facing down. Does your case have a PSU vent at the bottom, if it doesn't then turn the PSU upwards ASAP. Also how old is your computer, when did you build it?
Here is the picture for my graphics card View: https://imgur.com/a/Nb6Vf4Q
. Like I said my pc was acting even before I accidentally removed those batteries. When I open my pc my motherboard won't read my GPU so what I do everytime is to remove the GPU and put it back again for the motherboard to read it been doing this for 3 days. Then earlier I removed my GPU and accidentally removed those 2 batteries with it that is what happened.

Here is the picture for my graphics card View: https://imgur.com/a/Nb6Vf4Q
. Like I said my pc was acting even before I accidentally removed those batteries. When I open my pc my motherboard won't read my GPU so what I do everytime is to remove the GPU and put it back again for the motherboard to read it been doing this for 3 days. Then earlier I removed my GPU and accidentally removed those 2 batteries with it that is what happened.
Where did you buy the GTX1050 from? It seems like a unknown model and could potentially be a fake which can't get drivers installed etc. What model, price and place did you get the 1050 from? It looks like a suspicious model to me.

Jul 9, 2020
Where did you buy the GTX1050 from? It seems like a unknown model and could potentially be a fake which can't get drivers installed etc. What model, price and place did you get the 1050 from? It looks like a suspicious model to me.
The model of it is called Palit, this model is pretty well known at South-east Asia, I bought from a known computer parts shop here in the Philippes it cost me 140 dollars. I have my whole setup now for like 1 and half year

The model of it is called Palit, this model is pretty well known at South-east Asia, I bought from a known computer parts shop here in the Philippes it cost me 140 dollars. I have my whole setup now for like 1 and half year
Ok Palit, I know the brand. Fair enough it is a normal GTX1050 you would find. The 2 things which I can conclude is either the PCI-e port is dead, or the GPU itself is faulty/defective. Can you boot up into BIOS? Do integrated graphics work? Can you test the GPU out by putting it into the lower PCI-e? If the lower PCI-E works then either you will have to live with your gpu in that port or have to buy a new motherboard.

Jul 9, 2020
Ok Palit, I know the brand. Fair enough it is a normal GTX1050 you would find. The 2 things which I can conclude is either the PCI-e port is dead, or the GPU itself is faulty/defective. Can you boot up into BIOS? Do integrated graphics work? Can you test the GPU out by putting it into the lower PCI-e? If the lower PCI-E works then either you will have to live with your gpu in that port or have to buy a new motherboard.
I can't plug my GPU on any other slots

TRENDING THREADS