PC won't use any monitor anymore

Schompje

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Hi,
Since this week my monitors (im using 2) once in a while wouldnt be able to find a connection to my pc while gaming. I had to reboot to fix this. As everything else was still running (was even still voicechatting with a friend) i assumed it was my GPU overheating or something. But after i managed to keep the temperature of my GPU low, the problem kept persisting. I updated my GPU and my BIOS drivers but the problem is still there. Now, none of my screens are being recognized at all anymore. Not even from turning my PC on. At this moment i am quite clueless what the problem might be and how to solve it. Please, help.

These are my specs:
Corsair VS550, 550 Watt
MSI B150M PRO-VDH, socket 1151
Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2133
Seagate Desktop SSHD, 1 TB Hybrid
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Sharkoon MA-M1000, Behuizing
Intel® Core i5-6600, 3,3 GHz (3,9 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151 processor

Schompje

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017
Update: i connected one of my monitors with a HDMI cable through my motherboard instead of my GPU which connects now. So it should be a GPU problem, right?

jaredmykal1

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014

Make sure the connections on both the monitors and the the GPU are secure. Sounds like a loose connection on one of the ends.

Schompje

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

Isn't the case, as my monitor says it has ''no signal'', while if my cables aren't (properly) connected it would say ''cable not connected''. Also, i first tried to connect it with a HDMI cable (i normally use Displayport) through my GPU, which didn't work, but when i plugged it directly into my motherboard, it did.

jaredmykal1

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014

A loose connector may ground the signal pins(show it's plugged in) w/o connecting the actual data(common in VGA/DVI). The motherboard connectors utilize your integrated graphics, so they'll definitely work. Try reseating the GPU or plugging it into a different PCI slot on your motherboard.