PC won't wake after new graphics card

RoMee187

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
I have a Dell XPS 8700 and I just installed a MSI 750 Ti.
The problem is when I try to wake up the computer from sleep, it won't wake up or the monitor won't detect a signal.
My question is, is it a faulty graphics card or is it windows 10?
This never happened with the old nvidia 635(OEM).

I did install it the recommended way. Uninstall the drivers, boot into safe mode and delete all nvidia drivers left overs using display driver uninstaller, then installed the latest drivers from nvidia.

The card is working fine, it run all my games the way it suppose to and I haven't overclocked it yet.
I'm just wondering if I should return it, especially if it's an issue with the card.

EDIT:
I turned off pcie link state power management and it I think it fixed it, but I would still like to know if my 750ti is failing.

RoMee187

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

The latest BIOS is installed. Is there something in the BIOS I should change or look at?

It doesn't matter, sometimes in prebuilt computers, any new hardware can cause issues like this. The software for the motherboard is not designed for other parts specifically, so little things like this can happen. There could be a resolution to the problem, but I'm not sure of one exactly. Instead of sleep, have you tried hibernation?

RoMee187

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
I turned off fast start and hibernation, I don't really use it and my SSD boot up pretty fast already.
It's not really a big deal, I just wanted to know if it was the new card, and since it most likely isn't then I won't bother with a RMA. That was my biggest concern.

RoMee187

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

It didn't happen all the time, so I have to test it a few more times to be sure.
But like I said, I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a faulty card before trying fixes.