PC won't work properly unless I restart multiple times.

makyah

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I recently built my own PC. It booted first try, and was working very well. Unfortunately, I have begun to have problems.
When I boot up and log in, I try to load up discord to talk with friends, and it just gets stuck on an endless loop of "starting" or connecting". Restarting the application and closing all tasks in the task manager doesn't do anything. Google loads, and if I try to watch a video, it says something like playback has failed, if the problem persists, you may need to restart your device.

So I do, but it doesn't always work first try. Sometimes it takes another 3 tries until it works, and sometimes if it does, discord freezes when it says "authenticating" whilst I try to join a call.

What the hell is wrong with my PC? How can I fix it?

Thanks for reading.

Solution
I'd start with putting memtest86 on a spare USB key, boot that, letting it run for several hours (5+) and see if you get errors. If you get any, then you have a memory stability or defective DIMM issue.

makyah

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

Mobo is the B250M PRO-VD
Kibgston 120gb SSD (windows is installed here)
1tb wd blue hdd
1050 ti
Pentium G4560
8gb single channel ddr4 clocked at 2333mhz

makyah

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

I cant get it to run, it is riddled with errors. I need to "write" something and it wont work. Any alternatives?