Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hello guys i build a new rig specs are
Asus rog strix b660 ddr5
Psu corsair 1000hxi
Ddr5 g.skill 4*16 gb ram
Cpu i5 13600k

ok so i build my rig and the last part was the rtx 4080 graphics card untill i got it i used this rig just with my old rtx 2060 and my rig was working very good… ok i got my last part that is the rtx 4080 so i switched the cards boot up my pc all the led on motherboard and graphic card are on but no screen display so i turned my psu off and after turning it on again my pc wont boot at all! no single sign for life. No led no fans spin no nothing so i checked my old psu if it works i took my rtx 4080 out and tried with my old psu also not working… so i suspect it might be the motherboard but how can i be sure? It might also be the cpu no? Another thing i notice when i power my pc it wont spin fans and no led but when i touch the motherboard heatsink it feels hot like its working or getting some power… this is very weird help me please find the issue i am lost…

Hello guys i build a new rig specs are
Asus rog strix b660 ddr5
Psu corsair 1000hxi
Ddr5 g.skill 4*16 gb ram
Cpu i5 13600k

ok so i build my rig and the last part was the rtx 4080 graphics card untill i got it i used this rig just with my old rtx 2060 and my rig was working very good… ok i got my last part that is the rtx 4080 so i switched the cards boot up my pc all the led on motherboard and graphic card are on but no screen display so i turned my psu off and after turning it on again my pc wont boot at all! no single sign for life. No led no fans spin no nothing so i checked my old psu if it works i took my rtx 4080 out and tried with my old psu also not working… so i suspect it might be the motherboard but how can i be sure? It might also be the cpu no? Another thing i notice when i power my pc it wont spin fans and no led but when i touch the motherboard heatsink it feels hot like its working or getting some power… this is very weird help me please find the issue i am lost…
Try it with the old GPU?

what was the old PSU?

Tried with old gpu and still won’t work
My old psu was antec 650 watt
So you’re not getting any lights anymore?
It sounds like the motherboards burnt out or the GPU has killed it. If it was working with the new GPU and now doesn’t after installing that’s the cause of the issue.

I do have few questions though.

Did you use the same cables from both?

Have you double checked everything is plugged in correctly?

Have you used one cable for multiple power ports or uses one cable for each? So have you used a cable with one connection at the PSU that splits into 2x8-pins into the GPU or a cable that just goes straight to one 8pin/ whatever the new standard is.

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
So you’re not getting any lights anymore?
It sounds like the motherboards burnt out or the GPU has killed it. If it was working with the new GPU and now doesn’t after installing that’s the cause of the issue.

I do have few questions though.

Did you use the same cables from both?

Have you double checked everything is plugged in correctly?

Have you used one cable for multiple power ports or uses one cable for each? So have you used a cable with one connection at the PSU that splits into 2x8-pins into the GPU or a cable that just goes straight to one 8pin/ whatever the new standard is.
I used the same cables that connceted my old gpu yes. And no I didn’t use daisy chain, I used 3 different pcie cables to plug the gpu..
but my question even if the motherboard is dead, the gpu and cpu ram and all other components should be ok or they also got damaged you think?

I used the same cables that connceted my old gpu yes. And no I didn’t use daisy chain, I used 3 different pcie cables to plug the gpu..
but my question even if the motherboard is dead, the gpu and cpu ram and all other components should be ok or they also got damaged you think?
Impossible to say mate, could be,isn’t not be. You’ll be able to return the MB under warranty and the GPU will be too though.

The old cables used with your old power supply? If you did that then that'll be the issue. If you did do that, try the new cables that came with the new power supply. Hopefully that works. But cables between different power supplies are generally NOT interchangeable.

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
The old cables used with your old power supply? If you did that then that'll be the issue. If you did do that, try the new cables that came with the new power supply. Hopefully that works. But cables between different power supplies are generally NOT interchangeable.
No its the new cables from my new psu but i used them for my old gpu too.