[SOLVED] PC Xbox or PS4?

Nov 7, 2018
I’m looking to buy a present for my son (aged 10) who loves to play fortnight and other games and need to know what way to go please. PS4 or Xbox or just buy a gaming PC?

Solution
I'd see whether or not he's going to play multiplayer. If he is, then see if his friends are using a PC or console. This is because most games don't cross play with different platforms. So if his friends are on a PC, get a PC. On a XBOX? Get a XBOX. PS4? Buy a PS4. That is the smartest choice. Though a good enough gaming PC tends to be a little more expensive then the average XBOX or PS4. And considering he's ten, I'd say a console is better, since he probably won't need to use all the features of a PC since all he's doing is gaming. Good luck on your search!

hambuckles31

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I think that you should build a pc because it can both be a good present and it also makes a fun activity for you and your son. but if you don't have the time or the money to build a custom pc I would suggest getting an Xbox one X due to its arguably better performance over a ps4 pro

If you are only interested in having him game, I would suggest the console.
A PC, while a better investment, may not be utilized or desired for such a young age (that is something you would have to establish with him on your own).
If you do go the console route, there is no "better" choice, the best option is the one he wants more.
Personal preference/what his friends have/what games he would want to play.

schooltime7634

Prominent
Sep 24, 2018
I'd see whether or not he's going to play multiplayer. If he is, then see if his friends are using a PC or console. This is because most games don't cross play with different platforms. So if his friends are on a PC, get a PC. On a XBOX? Get a XBOX. PS4? Buy a PS4. That is the smartest choice. Though a good enough gaming PC tends to be a little more expensive then the average XBOX or PS4. And considering he's ten, I'd say a console is better, since he probably won't need to use all the features of a PC since all he's doing is gaming. Good luck on your search!

Solution