Question PCI 3.0 card on PCI 2.0 mobo

Apr 20, 2020
Hello everyone. I am thinking of upgrading my GPU with an MSI GTX 1650 4GB.
I have an older motherboard (ASRock G41C-GS R2.0) with a QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU.
I know that PCI is backwards compatible so there shouldn't be any issue.
My question is: Will the new card require additional power (current PSU EVGA 550W) and will there be any bios issues, since I have an older AMI bios?

Thanks for the help.

I have an older motherboard (ASRock G41C-GS R2.0) with a QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU.
My question is: Will the new card require additional power (current PSU EVGA 550W) and will there be any bios issues, since I have an older AMI bios?

Thanks for the help.
power wont be the problem,but you will have a serious cpu bottleneck.Also yeah it will work on your mobo.

Thanks for the help.
Ventus or Gaminh model

Thanks for the help.
Which one, Gaming or Ventus.? Gaming needs additional power from a 6pin but both would be fine with 550W PSU.

Apr 20, 2020
Means that CPU is not good enough (too old) to successfully play all games that GPU can play but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work.
That is not a problem since I rarely play games.
My main use is graphic design and I will use it along with a new monitor with DP input.
Thank you all for all the help.

Apr 20, 2020
Hello again. I finally got the new card, an MSI GE FORCE GTX 1650 VENTUS XS 4gb OC. Plugged it in tried to install driver screen loses signal during installation. Reinstalled OS same thing happened without drivers installed. Any ideas?

Apr 20, 2020
Looks good but I' m afraid it does not apply to my issue. I uninstalled previous graphic card drivers (NVIDIA) along with all the stuff that go with it. Cleaned up registry, restarted, nothing.
I even performed a clean Windows installation (yeap, everything gone)... Same thing happens. After 10 - 15 minutes screen goes dead, computer still running but no video signal.
Looks like its a defective card propably and since I just bought it, I' m returning it...