Question PCI card overheating next to GPU?

Jun 16, 2020
Hi guys, please don't pounce on me if this is a noob question. I have a Radeon RX 570 seated directly above a UAD DSP accelerator card in a PCIe slot below. Unfortunately there's not a lot of space between the GPU fans and the PCI card (maybe 0.5 cm) and the PCI card tends to get fairly hot to the touch if I am gaming for a while. There's literally nowhere else on the MOBO that I can arrange these two essential pieces of hardware and I am wondering if I should be worried about the PCI card getting damaged. The manufacturer couldn't spec me a temperature threshold and I know the GPU gets up to about 85c sometimes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 16, 2020
I've got a dual intake fan on the front of the case as well :) Lots of airflow happening, I'm just worried about the integrity of the PCI card components when they get that hot. I can't seem to find any information about this particular thing and even the manufacturer was like '...hmmm....we don't know so don't do it'

I've got a dual intake fan on the front of the case as well :) Lots of airflow happening, I'm just worried about the integrity of the PCI card components when they get that hot. I can't seem to find any information about this particular thing and even the manufacturer was like '...hmmm....we don't know so don't do it'

You could always DIY a way of mounting a fan in front of the GPU and Expansion card in order for there to be a more direct air flow. Basically mount a fan on top of the PSU shroud somehow.

Also your GPU getting up to 85 is on the high side, not dangerous but def on the higher side of operating temps.

Jun 16, 2020
From what I've read, 85c is the upper range of normal as well...if I have the case open, it gets to about 79c. I'm playing GTA5 which by today's standards is not an insanely difficult game for most GPUs to handle. I should benchmark this card maybe and make sure it's up to snuff.