Question PCI Device drivers not installed

Sep 7, 2019
QrDybkg.png

As seen above in my device manager, there is a yellow icon next to 'PCI Device'. When i click on the properties, the device status is as stated:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

When i click update driver, the drivers cannot be found. When i click 'Scan for hardware Changes' in device manager, it pops up 'installing drivers'' then eventually returns 'No driver found'. as well as 'Not successfully installed'

I have just manually the chipset manually which has had no effect on the driver status.

I have DriverEasy installed and it is not recognizing any plugged in drivers that need to be updated.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Sep 7, 2019
I would try a clean install of your nVidia graphics drivers via this link. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

I'm curious if this recently happened and what may have been the cause. Have you recently done an upgrade or reset?

Hi Biker, i recently changed my GPU and the tech guy who installed it found the problem. He said my motherboard will not run correctly (ie things will slow down) if the problem is not fixed.

Is this true?

Sep 7, 2019
When you install the nVidia drivers does everything go smoothly? Have you tried deleting the device? Your nVidia drivers are saved at . You might want to try a manual install of the missing driver. Click on the update driver button and instead od choosing look for driver, direct the Device Manager to c:\NVIDIA. If you get the same response; found driver than 'No driver found, I would contact NVIDIA and ask for assistance. In the long run, if you do not notice any problems, it shouldn't

Sep 7, 2019
When you install the nVidia drivers does everything go smoothly? Have you tried deleting the device? Your nVidia drivers are saved at . You might want to try a manual install of the missing driver. Click on the update driver button and instead od choosing look for driver, direct the Device Manager to c:\NVIDIA. If you get the same response; found driver than 'No driver found, I would contact NVIDIA and ask for assistance. In the long run, if you do not notice any problems, it shouldn't

Hi, i followed the clean install step by step. After reinstalling the graphics drivers, after a day or so, my PC suddenly shut down as if the power went out. Now i can't turn my PC on. When i turn it on, it buzzes (as if its turning on) for 1-3 seconds then immediately turns off. It then turns itself on and off again about three times until it reaches a state where the lights are on but the computer isn't running. I have to then hold the power button to turn it off (its not on, only the lights are on) to get the lights to turn off and then i am able to turn it on. But then it just repeats the process of turning itself on and off again. I can't use my computer at all.

Do you think this was because of the clean install or is this a different issue? I have tried the computer at someone elses house with different power but the same issue persists. Not sure what i can do.

Sep 7, 2019
A clean install will not cause this, it sounds like you lost your power supply. When you upgrade the GPU with one that uses more power, it can lead to a Power Supply failure. What PSU are you using?
A clean install will not cause this, it sounds like you lost your power supply. When you upgrade the GPU with one that uses more power, it can lead to a Power Supply failure. What PSU are you using?

My power supply is 750 Watts. When it stayed alive for 10 mins it disk checked my c drive. Now its always two options, either startup repair or start windows normally. But the PC shuts down before i can choose an option. Any ideas?

Sep 7, 2019
What model PSU? You can find model name written on PSU label.

If PC shuts down, this can be because of cpu overheating or some PSU protection turning of the system.

Coolmaster V750 RS-750-AMAA-G1

I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Changed RAM and slots
  2. Different power cable
  3. Taken out C:drive
  4. Measured voltage of power supply. When it turns on voltage goes around 650watts, then down to 0 when PC turns off
  5. No loose cables

Is there anything else i can try?

Sep 7, 2019
It was my power supply. Have changed it, but still getting PCI device problem. I also have extremely high CPU usage and i have no idea why. Does anybody have any ideas? There's no way my CPU usage should be that high, no?

73knWXn.png

Even with hardly anything running my PC has high CPU usage as seen below:

AJRLuS3.png