PCI Drive will not boot, and windows 10 will not let me fix the issue.

cleevondeath

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
So a while ago I went on holidays, and I pulled my PCI card with 4msata drives attached out of my system and dropped it in my safe. I didn't want the cat sitter snooping through my system. I unplugged the system prior, and waited until I put the card was back in before I poured it back in. When the computer booted it lost my Marvel Raid boot setup, and since windows 10 has entered my bios it will not allow me to put Marvel Raid back on, so my computer had been dead on the floor a while. I am sick of fixing computers....
But with so many games I need my PC to play, it has to be fixed. Anyone know how I can get Marvel Raid back into my boot process on windows 10?

Solution

If you have Secure Boot enabled then Windows will handle the booting instead of the BIOS. It is normally a boot option called Windows Boot Manager. All new OEM PCs come setup this way.

This was a change implemented in the UEFI boot. Its a security measure to make sure a rouge virus doesn't hijack the Windows boot system.

More than likely when you removed it something on the...
Are you able to see/enter the Marvel RAID setup and see the existing RAID?

Does the RAID card have a battery backup so that when power is completely lost like you did to it it would still save the RAID information?

If not then it might all be lost and you might have to re-setup the entire thing.

USAFRet

Titan

Did you ever test this procedure? Or just assumed it would 'just work'?

That's what passwords are for. You trust this person enough for unrestricted access into the whole house.

This is what backups are for.
Why is there not a full drive backup of this?

RAID? What type? 0, 1, other?
mSATA drives? Presumably SSD's?

cleevondeath

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
There is no raid in the setup at all anyone, the raid is still on the card, I tested it on my backup PC.

I never tested the procedure, just assumed, but if I tested it would have led to the same result. I think someone tried to turn my computer on while I was gone, otherwise all the boot drivers would have still been there.

I used a cat sitting service, and I had no clue how tech savvy someone is, my stuff is insured, my clients files are not.

I have backups of all my clients files, and other documents. I could do a clean install but the bios does not even recognize the drive for what it is anymore.

cleevondeath

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
How am I supposed to setup the entire thing when Windows 10 won't allow me to add Marvel Raid back into the bios. That is the main question that I have? Am I able to remove Windows from my bios? Why fastboot removed and now won't let me add Marvel back into my bios is beyond me, isn't the bios supposed to tell windows what to do, not the other way around?

cleevondeath

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
I find it amazing that nobody know how to do that, I am just going to clean install on a drive an unregistered windows, try to add marvel works that way. I will post if it works.

If you have Secure Boot enabled then Windows will handle the booting instead of the BIOS. It is normally a boot option called Windows Boot Manager. All new OEM PCs come setup this way.

This was a change implemented in the UEFI boot. Its a security measure to make sure a rouge virus doesn't hijack the Windows boot system.

More than likely when you removed it something on the Marvel RAID lost its configuration. The BIOS still knows there is a Windows Boot Manger setup as it was programed into it to handle the booting of the system but the Marvel card no longer is seeing it or tied to it.

Solution