[SOLVED] PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
I have been running a Z390 based Windows 10 platform for a year now and Z490 Windows 10 based platform for 6 months, and after doing hardware and software tweaks the Z390 system now finally works. It runs all the latest drivers, latest ME. My front USB hub from the Fractal Define 7 is plugged into the USB 3.0 header on Z390 board, and I have a logitech keyboard, mouse (wireless non-bluetooth) running via Logitechs USB dongle in a USB port. Plus a Logitech webcam also plugged into a USB port.

If I run powercfg - energy on the powershell then the energy report.html gives me "PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware".Even I unplug all USB devices from the Z390 board, this error still occurs.

The system it set to balanced power scheme, and I have even tried to disable PCIE power save on the Z390 system in Windows and tried to enable/disable ASPM in the bios. But to no effect The Z390 system runs all latest drivers, firmware, bios etc. Plus I have even tried to disable allow this port (USB) to send the system into standby/wake the system. No effect.

I have a similar setup with my Z490 based system, but if I run powercfg - energy, then that error doesn't happen, and energy-report is "clean of errors".

I remember having 100 series based Intel laptop where this error occured too.

So my question is it because the way ASPM and USB is works with series 100 to series 300 works with Windows wasn't 100 % compatible? Hence the ASPM error on now older computers like the 300 chipset?