[SOLVED] Pci Express Adaptor

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
Hi, i want to buy a 6 pin molex cable for my RX 470 8gb.
I saw on the amd site that rx 470 requires 450W minimum PSU (and my psu has 450W)
So i have a question.
If i buy this cable will it work? (And not burn or something else?)
http://prntscr.com/r169ce

Solution
What is the make and model of your current 450 watt PSU?

It is not a good idea to use an adptor like the one you've found.

If your current PSU doesn't have a 6-pin PCI-e power connector, it is likely that your PSU is old or maybe one of poor quality.

If your PSU is old or not decent quality, it is likely that you will run into power related issues, since it might not be able to supply the advertised watts and amps.

You should buy a proper PSU, with the right specs and of good quality. You should not use an adaptor
What is the make and model of your current 450 watt PSU?

It is not a good idea to use an adptor like the one you've found.

If your current PSU doesn't have a 6-pin PCI-e power connector, it is likely that your PSU is old or maybe one of poor quality.

If your PSU is old or not decent quality, it is likely that you will run into power related issues, since it might not be able to supply the advertised watts and amps.

You should buy a proper PSU, with the right specs and of good quality. You should not use an adaptor

Reactions: Giorici
Solution
I would not buy a pcie adapter in any case. If your PSU doesnt come with PCIE cables you should buy a new one.
It might work it might not, if it works you might experience stuttering and performance loss or maybe even a fried card.

Buy a new PSU and dont buy adapters for the sake of your components.
Example PSU

Reactions: Giorici