Question PCI Express x1 not running USB 3.0 that should works with PCI-E X1/X16

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Hello friends, hope things are going good for u. And i hope they maintain that integrity for u!

Anyways friends last time i had an issue about a graphic card for a mother board with Elitegroup G31T-M7 , and it was a dual core system.
Pretty old system. Graphic card issue is fixed.
But now i want to install a USB 3.0 PCIE Card that is supposedly to go in an interface with PCI E-X1/X16
My CPU is Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz .
So i don't know the math behind it. I purchased QuantumZERO USB 3.0/USB 3.1 Gen 1 PCI Express Card (2 Ports) from Amazon India but after inserting it
in the interface and restarting the pc; it actually doesn't boot to desktop! Now i have Win7(x32bit) and Win 10(x64bit), on dual boot. Yeah! Its fascinating to switch
to different architecture, and that too was suggested to me by @Aeacus.

Whichever system i boot to it remains stuck during the boottime screen and doesn't load the desktop interface.
So what wrong am i doing i think it has something to do with PCIE X1 ver, mind u my pc is pretty old.
I just want faster data transfer because i have tonnes of GB of file like around 20-40-50 GB single or splitted file that needs to be transferred to a EXT HDD.
But with constant power failure as it is monsoon season and my place is very volatile and gets affected by rainfall and lightening and even power surge.
So immediate data backup or transfer of files to ext hdd is of primordial importance.
So friends can u suggest me which ver of PCI E card i should buy or that u recommend. Tom's hardware is a great place to ask for suggestion.
People helped me before and i hope they'll help me again.So..!

Awaiting reply.
Cheers.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So i don't know the math behind it. I purchased QuantumZERO USB 3.0/USB 3.1 Gen 1 PCI Express Card (2 Ports) from Amazon India

This add-on card needs supplementary power, in form of molex connector. Did you connect that as well?

As seen here:

3f15c9bb-32a7-4205-ad05-0ebc56076fde.__CR64,91,1182,1182_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

So immediate data backup or transfer of files to ext hdd is of primordial importance.

Fastest way for data backup, given that you have more than 1 storage drive and your important data lives on 2nd drive; is to buy new drive, while pulling out the current storage drive and keeping it as a backup.

Reactions: Paperdoc

hulkbuster

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
This add-on card needs supplementary power, in form of molex connector. Did you connect that as well?

As seen here:

3f15c9bb-32a7-4205-ad05-0ebc56076fde.__CR64,91,1182,1182_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

Fastest way for data backup, given that you have more than 1 storage drive and your important data lives on 2nd drive; is to buy new drive, while pulling out the current storage drive and keeping it as a backup.

Thank you Aeacus for ur time and sorry for late reply.
That day when u mentioned about the molex connector. I did connect it but my pc wont boot to desktop.
It just freezes during boot time, this happened when i installed Win10 (x64-bit).
But anyways since i have purchased Nvidia Zotax 710 (thats really a company's name Zotax), the card i think u r familiar with
how it looks. It sits in a very akward position that i cannot fully insert the QuantumZERO USB 3.0/USB 3.1 Gen 1 PCI Express Card (2 Ports) without touching the GC.
Its very akward.
And i also h' two 4 TB drives, now on a USB 2.0, just to copy a 365 GB of data require 4 hours.
If i were on a USB 3, that time would have reduced.
Because my one 4 TB drive is showing error, i have it on a docking station with not RAID feature. And i was fool for a long time, by not switch off the Docking station after copy/paste operation; by the switch.
So thats the reason i want to get a USB 3.0.
Well now i think i have to give up the idea.