PCi Express x16 Graphic cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Oxerd

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
I have an HP pavilion a6213w Desktop PC.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=48897&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3552348

I have a PCi Express x16 Expansion Slot.
I need to know what graphic cards are compatible with my computer. Or if it's possible.

Manufacturer's motherboard name: Asus M2N68-LA
HP/Compaq name: Narra2-GL8E
One PCI Express x16

And yes I do know I have an integrated graphic card. I just want to know if i can install a new graphic card via the PCi Express x16 expansion slot. And if i could, what graphic cards would be compatible.

Solution

yep they are...should work great.

nand15ng

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
to know if u have an integrated gpu, u must tell the name of your motherboard

if u have an x16 slot, u must check whether it is 2.0x16 or 3.0x16

then only we can tell

nand15ng

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
to know if u have an integrated gpu, u must tell the name of your motherboard

if u have an x16 slot, u must check whether it is 2.0x16 or 3.0x16

then only we can tell

swilczak

Distinguished
You don't have a whole lot of options unless you upgrade the power supply. You can put a NVidia gt 610, or a radeon 6570 in your computer safely with no power supply upgrade, however, you will have trouble playing modern games unless you are playing in a very low resolution. A radeon 7750 will work but it uses a bit too much power for your current power supply. Really any card is compatible if you are willing to get a better PSU, but a high end card would be a bottleneck with the processor you have. Adding something like the gt 610 or the 6570 will make your machine run better and play videos more smoothly.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
well depends on what card you want... but i suggest you get a seasonic PSU that is 400w and get a 7750 card (gddr 5 model). this should give you a boost in frame rate. you system will bottle neck this card some yes but i think its still a good choice.

Tad Oxerd

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
How high of psu? Also what cards is ok= (no crash) with with my processor. I'm willing to change psu but not processor.

I'm a noob, how can i check my current psu without opening my computer.

swilczak

Distinguished
If you do have a 300w PSU then you don't need a PSU upgrade according to newegg.com's PSU calculator, you need 279 watts with your configuration plus a 7750. It still might be a good idea to upgrade it though since your PC is a few years old and the PSU performance degrades over time.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

mmmm not so fast. AMD say otherwise 400w for a 7750
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7750/Pages/radeon-7750.aspx#3

Tad Oxerd

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Ok Thanks. Check over what I'm about to do.
1. Buy 400W Seasonic SS-400ET 80 Plus Bronze ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply SS400ETBRONZE
2. Buy ASUS HD7750-1GD5-V2 AMD Radeon HD 7750 VGA 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
3. Replace power supply
4. Add new graphic card
5. Done?

P.S. All of this is compatible with my computer?

swilczak

Distinguished
AMD says 400w recommended, the newegg calculator tells you the minimum, and besides saying that you need a 400 watt PSU is not specific enough because they come with different amperages, and different efficiencies. A corsair 430 watt will have more power than a cheap 600 watt PSU.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

yep they are...should work great.

Solution

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

fair enough but i never recommend or use cheap PSU's, ever...i just like to play it safe with PSUs as they can kill your system in a heart beat and getting extra wattage allows for capacitor wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS