PCI Firewire card lost after each reboot

May 4, 2018
greetings, I recently upgraded my system with a Ryzen7 2700x and msi x370 sli plus motherboard. I want to use my generic PCI Firewire card with the system to connect my TC Electronic Konnekt 6 sound card.

I installed the legacy drivers from microsoft and the card works OK. But everytime I restart my computer, it is not shown on the Device manager and I have to restart the system with PCI card unplugged, then shutdown, then restart it with PCI plugged and reinstall the sound card...

Has anyone have any suggestion about this?

my OS is Windows 10.

Thanks

May 4, 2018

Yes sir, I tried all 3 slots and it behaves the same. it is a simple generic card. And it works with the "ohci compliant..... Legacy driver"

But when I turn on my computer the next day, it is gone.

Have you updated your motherboard to the latest BIOS? Recent updates list "Improved PCIe device compatibility".

I think the problem is your generic Firewire card. Window 10 may not have proper drivers for it. Try running a hardware monitoring program like Speccy to better identify your card. Then you could look online for better drivers.

May 4, 2018
Well, I installed Speccy now and I really dont get what I would do with it... It doesnt show the card eventhough it is working right now... Also it shows all PCIE slots are in use... ?

Try a more detailed hardware monitoring program called EVEREST Home Edition.

4847.png