PCI Simple Communication Controller

Enzo10

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
Hello,
I can't succeed to download the driver for the "PCI Simple Communication Controller".

On my new built computer, under device manager it shows that the PCI Simple Communication is not working.

Does anyone know what to do?

Please note that the motherboard is a Gigabyte H67MA-USB3 B3
(Already downloaded all driver for the motherboard).

The processor is an Intel i7 - 2600k

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Enzo10

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Could you please be more specific? On my computer, under Device Manager, the PCI Simple Communication Controller is indicated as not working.

I downloaded all the driver for the motherboard but it still indicate that it is not working.

Any idea way? What is that PCI Simple Communication for? What is the Chipset driver? Where do I get the driver for it?

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Solution

pat

Expert
PCI Simple Communication device is probably an old dial-up modem. That's how they were marked when they were widely used to acces internet, some years ago. If you were updating and old computer, and ported all PCI device to the new, maybe there was an old modem in there

troublezn is right.

Click this link: Linky!

It will take you to the Intel Download Center, and it has already auto-searched for the software you need. Download the Intel ME: Management Engine Driver (dated 7/25/2011, version 7.1.14.1107) which is the top result. I know that it says it's for Intel boards, but it will work for any board with a 61/67 chipset.